Introducing the WD Black™ NVMe™ SSD: the driving force behind everything you do. Featuring the innovative Western Digital NVMe SSD storage architecture, it’s where blazing speed, top-tier performance, and Western Digital 3D NAND technology combine. With up to 600TBW and 1.75M hours MTTF, the WD Black NVMe SSD is the virtually invincible SSD you can rely on.
THE FAST WAY FORWARD
No compromises. Nothing holding you back. The WD Black NVMe SSD features sequential read and write speeds up to 3,400/2,800 MB/s for gaming, video editing, virtual reality, and beyond.
DEMAND MORE. CONSUME LESS.
Go ahead—do it all. WD Black is driven to keep up with even the most demanding workloads. Innovative power management and thermal throttling consistently help prevent overheating to deliver smooth, fast performance.
BUILT FOR GREATNESS
Eliminate boundaries with Western Digital’s new vertically integrated SSD platform. This innovative storage architecture is optimized to Western Digital 3D NAND, resulting in low latency, power efficiency, and compatibility with the growing range of applications benefitting from NVMe.
FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Create without limits. The WD Black NVMe SSD is certified by WD F.I.T. Lab for compatibility with a wide range of high-performance PC configurations—and comes with a 5-year limited warranty.
UNDER YOUR COMMAND
Monitor your drive’s available capacity, operating temperatures, SMART attributes and more with the WD SSD Dashboard. Acronis® True Image™ WD Edition software, available as a free download, can clone drives and back up your operating system, applications, settings, and all of your data.
- Model Numbers: WDS500G2X0C
- WD Black NVMe SSD M.2 2280: PCIe Gen3 8 Gb/s, up to 4 lanes
- Sequential Read MB/s up to (Q=32, T=1): 3,000
- Sequential Write MB/s up to (Q=32, T=1): 1,600
- Random Read 4KB IOPS up to (Q=32, T=8): 220,000
- Random Write 4KB IOPS up to (Q=32, T=8): 170,000
- Endurance (TBW): 200
- Average Active Power (mW): 110
- Low Power (PS3): 70mW
- Peak Power (10us): 2.8A
- Slumber (PS4) Low Power: 2.5mW
- MTTF10 1.75M: hours
- Operating Temperatures: 32 °F to 158 °F (0 °C to 70 °C)
- Non-operating Temperatures: -67 °F to 185 °F (-55 °C to 85 °C)
- Operating Vibration: 5.0 gRMS, 10–2000 Hz, 3 axes
- Non-operating Vibration: 4.9 gRMS, 7–800 Hz, 3 axes
- Shock: 1,500 G @ 0.5 ms half sine
- Certifications FCC, UL, TUV, KCC, BSMI, VCCI, C-Tick
- Length: 80 ± 0.15mm
- Width: 22 ± 0.15mm
- Height: 2.38mm
- Weight: 7.5 ± 1g
- Warranty: 5 Years