The SSD that goes beyond
Experience the best. For intensive workloads on PCs and workstations, the 970 PRO gives utmost performance enabled by Samsung’s NVMe SSD leadership. Samsung’s latest V-NAND technology and new Phoenix controller in a compact M.2 (2280) form factor is designed to surpass the demands of tech enthusiasts and professionals.
Performance that puts you in command. The 970 PRO combines the next-gen PCIe Gen 3×4 NVMe interface with Samsung’s latest V-NAND technology and a newly enhanced Phoenix controller to achieve fearless read/write speeds up to 3,500/2,700 MB/s*, approximately 30% faster than the previous generation of Samsung’s SSDs.
Get the ultimate sustainable performance. The 970 PRO delivers up to 1,200 TBW* with a 5-year limited warranty, helps to achieve 50% greater endurance than the previous generation, all powered by the latest V-NAND technology.
Achieve a new level of drive confidence. Samsung’s advanced nickel-coated controller and heat spreader on the 970 PRO is designed to enable exceptional heat dissipation. The Dynamic Thermal Guard can automatically monitor and maintain optimal operating temperatures to help minimize performance drops.
Advanced drive management made simple. The Samsung Magician software will help you keep an eye on your drive. A suite of user-friendly tools helps keep your drive up to date, monitor drive health and speed, and even boost performance.
- Application: Client PCs
- Interface: PCIe Gen 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.3
- Storage Memory: Samsung V-NAND 2-bit MLC
- Capacity: 1,024GB (1GB=1 Billion byte by IDEMA) * Actual usable capacity may be less (due to formatting, partitioning, operating system, applications or otherwise)
- Dimension (WxHxD): 80.15 x 22.15 x 2.38 (mm)
- Controller: Samsung Phoenix Controller
- Form Factor: M.2 (2280)
- Weight Max: 8.0 g Weight
- Cache Memory: Samsung 1GB Low Power DDR4 SDRAM
- TRIM Support: Supported
- Encryption Support: AES 256-bit Encryption (Class 0)TCG/Opal IEEE1667 (Encrypted drive)
- S.M.A.R.T Support: Supported
- WWN Support: Not supported
- GC (Garbage Collection): Auto Garbage Collection Algorithm
- Device Sleep Mode Support: Yes
- Sequential Read: Up to 3,500 MB/s * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Write (4KB, QD32): Up to 500,000 IOPS * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Sequential Write: Up to 2,700 MB/s * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Read (4KB, QD1): Up to 15,000 IOPS * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Read (4KB, QD32): Up to 500,000 IOPS * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Write (4KB, QD1): Up to 55,000 IOPS * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Average Power Consumption (system level): * Average: 5.7 W * Maximum: 8.5 W (Burst mode) * Actual power consumption may vary depending on system hardware & configuration
- Reliability (MTBF): 1.5 Million Hours Reliability (MTBF)
- Power consumption (Idle): Max. 30 mW * Actual power consumption may vary depending on system hardware & configuration
- Operating Temperature: 0 – 70 ℃ Operating Temperature
- Allowable Voltage: 3.3 V ± 5 % Allowable voltage
- Shock: 1,500 G & 0.5 ms (Half sine)
- Installation Kit: Not Available
- Management SW: Magician Software for SSD management
- Warranty: 5-Year Limited Warranty or 1,200 TBW Limited Warranty