Next level SSD speed
Feel the NVMe difference. The 970 EVO transforms high-end gaming and streamlines graphic intensive workflows with the new Phoenix controller and Intelligent TurboWrite technology. Get stunning sequential read/write speeds of 3,500/2,500 MB/s*, up to 32% faster writes than the previous generation.
The next advancement in NVMe SSD. The 970 EVO fits up to 2TB onto the compact M.2 (2280) form factor, greatly expanding storage capacity and saving space for other components. Samsung†s innovative technology empowers you with the capacity to do more and accomplish more.
The new standard in sustainable performance. Get up to 1,200 TBW* with a 5-year limited warranty, achieving 50 percent higher than the previous generation. The 970 EVO provides exceptional endurance powered by the latest V-NAND technology and Samsung’s quality.
Achieve a new level of drive confidence. Samsung’s advanced nickel-coated controller and heat spreader on the 970 EVO enable superior heat dissipation. The Dynamic Thermal Guard automatically monitors and maintains optimal operating temperatures to minimize performance drops.
Advanced drive management made simple. The Samsung Magician software will help you keep an eye on your drive. A suite of user-friendly tools helps keep your drive up to date, monitor drive health and speed, and even boost performance.
- Application: Client PCs
- Interface: PCIe Gen 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.3
- Storage Memory: Samsung V-NAND 3-bit MLC
- Capacity: Capacity500GB (1GB=1 Billion byte by IDEMA), * Actual usable capacity may be less (due to formatting, partitioning, operating system, applications or otherwise)
- Dimension (WxHxD): 80.15 x 22.15 x 2.38 (mm)
- Controller: Samsung Phoenix Controller
- Form Factor: M.2 (2280)
- Weight: Max 8.0 g Weight
- Cache Memory: Samsung 512MB Low Power DDR4 SDRAM
- TRIM Support Supported: Encryption Support AES 256-bit Encryption (Class 0)TCG/Opal IEEE1667 (Encrypted drive)
- S.M.A.R.T Support Supported: WWN Support Not supported
- GC (Garbage Collection): Auto Garbage Collection Algorithm
- Device Sleep Mode Support: Yes
- Sequential Read: Up to 3,400 MB/s * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Write (4KB, QD32): Up to 450,000 IOPS * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Sequential Write: Up to 2,300 MB/s * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Read (4KB, QD1): Up to 15,000 IOPS * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Read (4KB, QD32): Up to 370,000 IOPS * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Write (4KB, QD1): Up to 50,000 IOPS * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Average Power Consumption: (system level) * Average: 5.7 W * Maximum: 10 W (Burst mode) * Actual power consumption may vary depending on system hardware & configuration
- Reliability (MTBF:) 1.5 Million Hours Reliability (MTBF)
- Power consumption: (Idle) Max. 30 mW * Actual power consumption may vary depending on system hardware & configuration
- Operating Temperature: 0 – 70 ℃ Operating Temperature
- Allowable Voltage: 3.3 V ± 5 % Allowable voltage
- Shock: 1,500 G & 0.5 ms (Half sine)
- Installation Kit: Not Available
- Management SW: Magician Software for SSD management
- Warranty: 5-Year Limited Warranty or 300 TBW Limited Warranty