SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500GB M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-N6E500BW)
The SSD to trust
The newest edition to the world’s best-selling* SATA SSD series, the Samsung 860 EVO. Specially designed for mainstream PCs and laptops, with the latest V-NAND and a robust algorithm-based controller, this fast and reliable SSD comes in a wide range of compatible form factors and capacities.
Speeds are more consistent, even with heavy workloads and multi-tasks. The 860 EVO performs at sequential writes up to 520 MB/s* with Intelligent TurboWrite technology, and sequential reads up to 550 MB/s. The TurboWrite buffer size is upgraded from 12 GB to 78 GB for faster file transfer.
Safely store and render large sized 4K videos and 3D data used by the latest applications, up to 8x higher TBW (Terabytes Written)* than the previous 850 EVO. The latest V-NAND technology gives you up to 2,400 TBW, or is backed by a 5-year limited warranty.
Benefit from faster, more fluid communication with your host system. The refined ECC algorithm and a new MJX controller generate higher speeds, and the improved queued trim enhances Linux compatibility. Our advanced engineering makes the 860 EVO more compatible with your computing system.
Multi form factors
Whatever size your computer needs, there is an 860 EVO for you. Choose among the 2.5-inch size for desktop PCs and laptops, and the SATA-based M.2 (2280) or the mSATA for ultra-slim computing devices.
- Application: Client PCs
- Interface: SATA 6 Gb/s Interface, compatible with SATA 3 Gb/s & SATA 1.5 Gb/s interface
- NAND Type: Samsung V-NAND 3bit MLC
- Capacity: 500 GB (1 GB=1 Billion byte by IDEMA) * Actual usable capacity may be less (due to formatting, partitioning, operating system, applications or otherwise)
- Dimension (WxHxD): Max 80.15 x Max 22.15 x Max.2.38 (mm)
- Controller: Samsung MJX Controller
- Form Factor: M.2 2280
- Weight: Max. 8g
- Cache Memory: Samsung 512 MB Low Power DDR4 SDRAM
- TRIM Support: TRIM Supported
- Encryption Support: AES 256-bit Encryption (Class 0) TCG/Opal IEEE1667 (Encrypted drive)
- S.M.A.R.T Support: S.M.A.R.T Supported
- WWN Support: World Wide Name supported
- GC (Garbage Collection): Auto Garbage Collection Algorithm
- Device Sleep Mode Support: Yes
- Sequential Read: Up to 550 MB/s Sequential
- Random Write (4KB, QD32): Up to 520 MB/s Sequential
- Sequential Write: Up to 97,000 IOPS Random
- Random Read (4KB, QD1): Up to 88,000 IOPS Random
- Random Read (4KB, QD32): Up to 10,000 IOPS Random
- Random Write (4KB, QD1): Up to 42,000 IOPS Random
- Power Consumption: Average: 2.5 W Maximum: 4.0 W (Burst mode)
- Reliability (MTBF): 1.5 Million Hours Reliability (MTBF)
- Operating Temperature: 0 – 70 ℃ Operating Temperature
- Shock: 1,500 G & 0.5 ms (Half sine)
- Management SW: Magician Software for SSD management
- Installation Kit: Not Available
- Warranty: 5 Years