- Intel® LGA1150 4th Generation Core™ i7/Core™ i5/Core™ i3/Pentium®/Celeron® Processors Ready
This motherboard supports Intel® 4th generation Core™ i7/i5/i3/Pentium®/Celeron® processors in the LGA1150 package, with iGPU, memory and PCI Express controllers integrated to support onboard graphics output with dedicated chipsets, 2-channel (2 DIMM) DDR3 memory and 16 PCI Express lanes. This provides great graphics performance. Intel® 4th generation Core™ i7/i5/i3/Pentium®/Celeron® processors are among the most powerful and energy efficient CPUs in the world.
- Intel® H81 Express Chipset
The Intel® H81 Express chipset is a single-chipset design that supports socket LGA1150 4th generation Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3/Pentium®/Celeron® processors. It provides improved performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. It natively supports up to two USB 3.0 ports for up to ten times faster transfer rates than USB 2.0. Moreover, the Intel® H81 Express chipset also supports iGPU functionality, letting users enjoy the latest Intel integrated graphics performance.
- Intel® Smart Connect Technology
Auto application refresh and shorter wait times
Your computer can receive web updates with fresh content for selected applications, even when the system is in sleep mode. This means less time waiting for applications to update and sync with the cloud, leading to a more efficient computing experience.
- Intel® Rapid Start Technology Instantly awaken your PC from sleep mode
Allows your computer to quickly resume from a low-power hibernate state in seconds. Saving your system memory to the designated SSD, it provides your computer a faster wake-up response time, while still keeping energy use low.
- New UEFI BIOS – friendlier and more intuitive Exclusive EZ Mode adds useful info to become even easier
Media-renowned UEFI BIOS from ASUS provides the smoothest mouse-controlled graphical BIOS, and now features more intuitive functions to quickly take you to favorite BIOS pages and frequently-accessed settings through custom shortcuts. You can even write quick notes in-BIOS for future reference, view an activity log of setting changes and modifications, and rename SATA ports. EZ Mode has a whole new look, upgraded with extra-friendly capabilities like detailed fan controls, XMP profile settings, SATA information, and fast clock adjustment. Together, these perfect your BIOS experience.
- USB 3.0 Boost (UASP Support) 170% faster transfer speeds than traditional USB 3.0
ASUS USB 3.0 Boost technology supports UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) in Windows 8. With USB 3.0 Boost technology, a USB device’s transmission speed is significantly increased up to 170%, adding to already fast USB 3.0 performance. ASUS software automatically accelerates data rates for compatible USB 3.0 peripherals without any user interaction.
World’s 1st USB 3.0 UASP support – instantly 170% faster.
Complete USB 3.0 solution – performance boost under Turbo Mode or UASP Mode for most USB devices.
Simple plug and boost – auto detection design ensures best performance.
GPU Boost Go to the limit with iGPU level up!
GPU Boost accelerates the integrated GPU for extreme graphics performance. The user-friendly interface facilitates flexible frequency adjustments. It easily delivers stable system-wide upgrades for every use.
- Network iControl Real-time network bandwidth management
One click to prioritize network traffic for applications you’re currently using or set up favorite profiles to run at specific times. Avoid network congestion, speed up downloading, and make sure online gaming runs optimized, all through an intuitive user interface.
- Complete USB 3.0 integration Double USB access, double the convenience
ASUS facilitates USB 3.0 accessibility for both the front and rear panel. Experience the latest plug n play connectivity at speeds up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0. Our motherboards afford greater convenience with high speed connectivity.
- SATA 6.0 Gb/s Twice the speed
ASUS provides SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports with enhanced scalability, faster data retrieval, and double the bandwidth of SATA 3Gb/s.
- Q-Slot Effortless PCI Express component removal
Press the Q-Slot clip lightly, and graphics cards just pop out. The large winged clip is easy to reach so you don’t have to struggle with installing or removing even the biggest graphics cards.
- ASUS Boot Setting Multiple startup options
Thanks to ASUS Windows 8 hardware optimization, ASUS Boot Setting provides better flexibility in customizing your PC’s startup process. You can shorten system boot-up time to 2-seconds* for a smoother user experience under Windows 8, and even previous versions of Windows. Also, you can enter the BIOS directly with one click through a user-friendly interface, and quickly select your preferred system boot up method: either get to the OS in seconds or opt for regular boot up. Whatever your choice, settings are saved and persistent, with no need to choose every time you power on.
- Probe II Sense Handy system monitoring
Popular ASUS real-time system monitoring software now available for Windows 8. It helps you supervise your entire PC through a live tile on the Windows 8 start screen, and make quick adjustments. Probe II Sense is a free app available from the Windows Store.
- AI Suite 3 One-stop access to innovative ASUS features
ASUS AI Suite 3 offers a brand new user experience through a clearer and more attractive interface with support for larger monitors. It consolidates all exclusive ASUS features into one simple-to-use package, allowing you to supervise overclocking, energy consumption, fan speeds, voltages and more. This all-in-one app offers diverse and easy to use functionality, with no need to switch back and forth between different utilities.
- Fan Xpert Dedicated CPU and case fan controls
ASUS Fan Xpert intelligently allows you to adjust CPU and case fan speeds according to different ambient temperatures in diverse climate conditions and locations, as well as actual PC loading. Various preset fan performance profiles offer flexible fan speed controls to achieve a quiet and cool environment.
- EPU All-round energy efficiency
Tap into the world’s first real-time PC power saving chip through the AI Suite 3 utility. Get total system-wide energy optimization by automatically detecting current PC loadings and intelligently moderating power consumption. It can directly reduce CPU wattage to an indicated level on demand and manually switch to Max Power Saving Mode for further energy savings, creating a more efficient PC. Exclusive Away Mode* puts your system into an extreme energy-saving stance, and even shuts down unused add-on I/O ports while can continue to download, stream, and backup content while away from your PC.
*Power cut-off to add-on connectors varies by model
- Stainless Steel Back I/O 3X more durable corrosion-resistant coating
ASUS motherboard back I/O panels are made from strong and corrosion-resistant stainless steel, which is bonded with a thin layer of chromium oxide to enhance anti-corrosive properties. Passing 72-hour spray salt endurance tests, ASUS stainless steel back I/O panels have a usage life three times longer compared to ordinary panels.
- High-Quality 5K-Hour Solid State Capacitors 2.5X longer lifespan with excellent durability
ASUS high-quality solid state capacitors assure a 5,000-hour lifespan, equivalent to 2.5 times longer than traditional capacitors. All capacitors pass testing under temperatures as high as 105 degrees centigrade and meet Japanese industrial standards to provide excellent durability and enhanced thermal capacity.
- Intel® Socket 1150 for 4th Generation Core™ i7/Core™ i5/Core™ i3/Pentium®/Celeron® Processors
- Supports Intel® 22 nm CPU
- Supports Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
- * The Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 support depends on the CPU types.
- Intel® H81
- 2 x DIMM, Max. 16GB, DDR3 1600/1333/1066 MHz Memory
- Dual Channel Memory Architecture
- Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
- * Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs.
- * Due to Intel® chipset limitation, DDR3 1600 MHz and higher memory modules on XMP mode will run at the maximum transfer rate of DDR3 1600 Mhz.
- Integrated Graphics Processor
- Multi-VGA output support : DVI-D/RGB ports
- – Supports DVI-D with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
- – Supports RGB with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
- Maximum shared memory of 1024 MB
- 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16
- 2 x PCIe 2.0 x1
- 1 x PCI
- Intel® H81 chipset :2 x SATA 3Gb/s port(s), dark brown
- 2 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), yellow
- Supports Intel® Rapid Start Technology, Intel® Smart Connect Technology *1
- Realtek® RTL8111G, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)
- Realtek® ALC887-VD 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC *2
- – Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking, Anti-pop Function
- Intel® H81 chipset : 2 x USB 3.0 port(s) (2 at back panel, blue)
- Intel® H81 chipset : 8 x USB 2.0 port(s) (4 at back panel, , 4 at mid-board)
- ASUS EPU :
- ASUS Exclusive Features :
– GPU Boost
– AI Suite 3
– Ai Charger
– ASUS UEFI BIOS EZ Mode featuring friendly graphics user interface
– Network iControl
– USB 3.0 Boost
- ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution :
– ASUS Fan Xpert
- ASUS EZ DIY :
– ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
– ASUS EZ Flash 2
– ASUS MyLogo 2
- ASUS Q-Design :
– ASUS Q-Slot
100% All High-quality Conductive Polymer Capacitors
Operating System Support
- Windows® 8
- Windows® 7
Back I/O Ports
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard (purple)
- 1 x PS/2 mouse (green)
- 1 x DVI-D
- 1 x D-Sub
- 1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
- 2 x USB 3.0
- 4 x USB 2.0
- 1 x Parallel port(s)
- 1 x Audio jack(s)
Internal I/O Ports
- 2 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 2.0 port(s)
- 1 x TPM header
- 1 x COM port(s) connector(s)
- 2 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
- 2 x SATA 3Gb/s connector(s)
- 1 x CPU Fan connector(s)
- 1 x Chassis Fan connector(s)
- 1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
- 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
- 1 x Front panel audio connector(s) (AAFP)
- 1 x Internal speaker connector(s)
- 1 x System panel(s)
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper(s)
- User’s manual
- I/O Shield
- 2 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
- 64 Mb Flash ROM, AMI BIOS, PnP, DMI2.0, WfM2.0, SM BIOS 2.7, ACPI 2.0a
- WfM 2.0, DMI 2.0, WOL by PME, PXE
- ASUS Utilities
- ASUS Update
- Anti-virus software (OEM version)
- mATX Form Factor
- 9.6 inch x 7 inch ( 24.4 cm x 17.8 cm )
*1-1:Due to the limitation of the Intel® H81chipset, Intel® Rapid Start Technology can be configured only from the BIOS Setup program.
*1-2:These functions will work depending on the CPU installed.
*2:Use a chassis with HD audio module in the front panel to support an 8-channel audio output.