- 2nd Generation Graphics Core Next (GCN) GPU architecture: The AMD FirePro™ W8100 workstation graphics is based on the second-generation of AMD Graphics Core Next (GCN) GPU architecture and, like its predecessor, can perform graphic and arithmetic instructions in parallel. Compared to the AMD FirePro W8000 GPU, it now features four times as many compute engines (eight instead of two ACEs), resulting in significantly more computational performance.
- 4.2 TFLOPS of peak single-precision floating-point performance: Helps speed up time required to complete single-precision operations used within Video Effects and Rendering, Signal Processing, Transcoding and Digital Rendering applications where high performance takes precedence over accuracy.
- 2.1 TFLOPS of peak double-precision floating-point performance: Helps speed up time required to complete double-precision operations used within Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Structural Mechanics, Reservoir Simulation and Aerodynamics applications, where numerical precision is mission critical.
- Multi-GPU support: Combine up to four AMD FirePro W8100 workstation graphics cards in a single desktop system and leverage the combined processing power for personal supercomputing or to work with multiple 4K video streams in real time, layer in effects, make color corrections and edits on the fly.
- OpenCL™ 2.0 support: Enables professionals to tap into the parallel computing power of modern GPUs and multi-core CPUs to accelerate compute-intensive tasks in leading CAD/CAM/CAE and Media and Entertainment applications that support OpenCL. The AMD FirePro W8100 graphics card is expected to support OpenCL 2.0, allowing developers to take advantage of new features that give GPUs more freedom to do the work they are designed to do.
- Memory: 8 GB GDDR5 memory: Allow users to work at a whole new level of speed and responsiveness. With a 512-bit memory interface and 320 GB/s of memory bandwidth, users can edit 4K video, layer in multiple effects and color correct on the fly, or load massive assemblies and data sets and manipulate them in real time.
- Error Correcting Code (ECC) memory: Helps ensure the accuracy of your computations by correcting any single or double bit error as a result of naturally occurring background radiation. ECC support enabled on the external GDDR5 memory only.
- Graphics: GeometryBoost: Allows the GPU featured on the AMD FirePro W8100 graphics card to process geometry data at four times the primitive rate.
- Partially Resident Textures (PRT): PRT can utilize absolutely enormous texture files, up to 32 terabytes large, with minimal performance impact. PRT accomplishes this by streaming small bits of these massive textures into the GPU as needed, giving compatible applications a virtually endless supply of unique texture data.
- Display: AMD Eyefinity technology support: Industry-leading multidisplay technology enabling highly immersive and unrivaled multitasking experience across up to four displays powered by a single AMD FirePro™ W8100 graphics card.
- Future-ready for 4K: With four discrete DisplayPort 1.2a outputs and six display engines, the AMD FirePro W8100 graphics card can drive three 4K displays at 60 Hz and connects directly to four 4K displays at 30 Hz.2
- Media: DirectGMA and SDI support: Removes CPU bandwidth and latency bottlenecks, and optimizes communication between GPUs within a system and third party devices like SDI I/O cards. DirectGMA bypasses any need to traverse the host’s main memory, reducing CPU utilization and avoiding redundant transfers over PCIe®, resulting in high-throughput, low-latency data transfers.
- Video Codec Engine (VCE): Multistream hardware H.264 HD encoder for power-efficient and quick video encoding.
- Framelock/Genlock: Ensures accurate and consistent video synchronization to external sources or multiple GPUs in different systems (requires ATI FirePro™ S400 synchronization module).
- Energy Efficiency: Energy-efficient design: AMD FirePro W8100 graphics card supports unique power monitoring and management technologies, and has a maximum power consumption of 200 watts. AMD PowerTune technology dynamically optimizes GPU power usage and AMD ZeroCore Power technology significantly reduces power consumption at idle.3
- AMD ZeroCore Power technology: AMD ZeroCore Power technology leverages AMD’s leadership in notebook power efficiency to grant our desktop GPUs the ability to power down when your monitor is off, also known as the “long idle state.”2
- AMD PowerTune: AMD PowerTune is an intelligent system that performs real-time analysis of applications that utilize a GPU. In the event that an application is not making the most of the power available to the GPU, AMD PowerTune can improve that application’s performance by raising the GPU’s clock speed automatically.
- 8 GB GDDR5 memory
- 512-bit memory interface
- 320 GB/s memory bandwidth
- 2,560 stream processors
- 4.2 TFLOPS peak single-precision floating-point performance
- 2.1 TFLOPS peak dual-precision floating-point performance
- Four discrete DisplayPort 1.2a outputs
- Maximum DisplayPort 1.2a resolution 4096×2160
- Maximum DisplayPort 1.1 resolution 2560×1600
- DirectX® 11.2/12
- OpenGL 4.4
- OpenCL™ 2.0
- Shader model: 5.0
- AMD Eyefinity multidisplay technology support
- AMD HD3D Pro support via stereoscopic 3-pin mini DIN4
- DirectGMA and SDI support
- OS Support: Microsoft® Windows® 10, Windows® 8.1, Windows® 7, and Linux® (32- or 64-bit)
- 220 W maximum power consumption
- Discreet active-cooling solution
- Full-height/full-length dual-slot form factor
- PCIe® 3.0 compliant, x16 bus interface
- Available PCIe x16 (dual-slot), 3.0 for optimal performance
- A 750 watt or better power supply, with two PCIe AUX power connectors (six-pin)
- 8GB System memory or greater
- Microsoft® Windows® 10, Windows® 8.1, Windows® 7, or Linux® operating system (32- or 64-bit)
- Internet connection for driver installation
There are no reviews yet.